PDF (Acrobat) Document File
Be sure that you have an application to open this file type before downloading and/or purchasing.
Give your students an active lesson while learning about Columbus’ four journeys to the New World and his impact on beginning new communities. This lesson also touches on the negative impact his explorations caused to the native populations.
How to Use this Product
1. Print the Christopher Columbus Scavenger Hunt cards on card stock then cut them apart.
2. Make copies of the Christopher Columbus Scavenger Hunt questions worksheet (2-sided). Each student needs a copy.
3. Place the Christopher Columbus Scavenger Hunt cards around your classroom where students will be able to find them. You can put them on chairs, on the computer keyboard, on the back of your classroom door, on the sides of student desks, on the chalkboard, or wherever you like.
4. Students have to search the room and find all of the sentence cards to answer the questions. You can differentiate by having students work alone or with a classmate.
Table of Contents
• cover card for organizing and storing scavenger hunt
• 20 information cards in color
• 20 information cards in b/w
• student answer sheets
• Word Find of places Columbus explored
• answer keys
More about this Product
With the Scavenger Hunt game I have the students complete it as part of a rotation during social studies centers or reading groups. I only have 4 or 5 students walking around with clipboards to locate the sentence cards and write their answers. Students needing extra support can be paired with a partner for this activity. I have also done similar activities with the whole class or as a filler for early finishers, especially if you made the cards a little bit tricky to find. My students enjoy this activity.
You May Also Like
Tips for Customers
• Follow my store for product updates and sales.
• Follow my Facebook page to find occasional flash freebies and ½ price sales on new products here
• Please leave feedback to gain credit for future purchases.
• Contact me through Product Q&A with any questions, concerns, or problems.
Ann Fausnight ♥