Also included in
- SAVE OVER 30% - SAVE $130 when you purchase every NGSS MS-LS life science PDF resource offered in our Teachers Pay Teachers store, totaling 139 high-quality and varied resources, including:NGSS Life Science:✅ Worksheets✅ Informational Texts ✅ No Prep Paper-Based Activities✅ Station Activities✅ Low P$299.99$430.29Save $130.30
Engaging and effective middle school NGSS heredity activity!
In this activity, students will:
- Examine alleles on chromosomes to determine genotype and phenotype
- Draw one child to demonstrate understanding of phenotype
- Use the Claims/Evidence/Reasoning format to predict the chromosomes of parents based on the alleles of their children
- Answer an "extended thinking" question that requires students to think a little deeper about chromosomes and heredity
The format of this worksheet is designed to mirror the way these types of questions have been asked on standardized tests in the past. Overall, this worksheet is a great review of dominant/recessive, genotype/phenotype, and chromosomes.
- INCLUDES AN ANSWER KEY.
- Please note that this resource is not editable.
- You may find our Genetics Test useful.
Find more middle school genetics resources in the Heredity Section of our store.
Rosalind Franklin Article & Questions (great sub plan)
Please join our flock!
Submit your email at www.FlyingColorsScience.com for a FREE SCIENCE SUB PLAN!