Presentation (Powerpoint) File
Be sure that you have an application to open this file type before downloading and/or purchasing.
Chronological Order PowerPoint presentation - to introduce and practice the text structure of chronological, or sequential, order. Students use text-based information to identify and organize events in chronological order. A student notebook page is included.
The student activities in this slide presentation include both fictional and informational passages. The activities include:
- determining whether events happened in the order that they appear in the text
- arranging listed events in chronological order
- listing events in chronological order
- answering questions relating to the order of events in a passage
- using various graphic organizers to organize events in chronological order
Practicing with each specific text structure helps students to really understand how the structure works and prepares them to better identify it in their own reading later. This presentation supports the reading standards regarding text structures and comprehension of informational and fictional texts.
A fill-in student note sheet, along with a completed one for students who might need it, is provided on the last two slides. Print it out ahead of time for students to complete as they view the slides.
For additional reading skill resources, see: Reading Skills.
From Classroom in the Middle