PDF (Acrobat) Document File
Be sure that you have an application to open this file type before downloading and/or purchasing.
One of my students’ all-time favorite back to school books is “Chrysanthemum” by Kevin Henkes.
It provides the perfect introduction to name activities, as well as reinforces the importance of speaking kind words.
With that in mind, I designed this jumbo Chrysanthemum literacy packet, which is chock full of a huge assortment of activities for you to choose from.
In celebration of all that you do, I’m knocking $2 off for a limited time.
I know your students will really enjoy learning about literacy with this little mouse.
The packet includes:
* A variety of Worksheets
* An assortment of super-fun writing prompts
* Posters, which you can use for descriptive writing prompts, to introduce the story, adjective practice, and for your bulletin board or hallway display.
* A simple paper chrysanthemum flower craft, which you can do now, or save for Mother’s Day. (The results are awesome!)
* “Color Me Flower Power” name poster activity.
* “Let’s Text!” Making Connections activities:
(text to self, text to text, text to world).
* Word work booklet with vocabulary-building activities and 30 word cards for the story.
* Chrysanthemum “Promise Pledge” bulletin board display, which includes a collection of 30, mini-photo name cards, to go with the "I Promise Pledge."
The central focus of the bulletin board, is Chrysanthemum's wrinkled and torn paper heart activity, which is truly moving. The end result is quite amazing and helps students realize words hurt.
* Cause & Effect activities
* Comparison - Contrast activities with Venn diagrams
* Non-fiction: Interesting facts about chrysanthemum flowers, with follow up research challenge & poster to record their personal “fact finding”. (Interesting & fun activity for computer time.)
* “Bio Blip” for Kevin Henkes, an author activity
* Mazes, Word Finds, “How Many Words Can You Make?”
* An “I spy my name!” game sheets.
* Name writing-coloring pages
* “Sticks & stones may break my bones…” posters, discussion & writing prompt activities.
Be sure and check the PREVIEW for lots of samples of the "goodies" included in the packet, which are too numerous to mention.
I’m Diane from Teach With Me, hoping your students enjoy these Chrysanthemum activities as much as mine.
Don’t forget that all my new products are 40% off for 48 hours. Click the green star button to follow my shop & you’ll be notified of these huge savings.