Are you looking for a way to correlate a variety of second-grade concepts with the beloved book Chrysanthemum? This is a perfect mini-unit for the first week of school! With this Chrysanthemum unit, you will teach your students' lessons in kindness, name appreciation, how to compliment others, and much more. There are also tons of literacy and math worksheets/activities that are in a fun Chrysanthemum theme!
✷This unit is geared towards 2nd graders, but can also be used for talented first graders or third graders who may be struggling a bit. This product is meant to be a time saver. Just print! It can be used for homework, morning work, or even fun assessments! ✷
• A Wrinkled Heart Lesson
• 2 Heart Templates
• Puzzle Piece Heart (for character traits)
• Seeds of Sequence- Character changes
• 3 Writing Prompts
• Chrysanthemum How Many Words Can You Make
• Chrysanthemum Letters to cut (5 to a page)
• Absolutely Alphabetical- put the words in ABC order
• *Challenge * Class Names ABC Order
• Pocket Possessions (What Are Your Favorite Things?)
• Chrysanthemum Word Search
• Class Name Graph (How Many Letters?)
• Class Name Graph Math Problems
• *Challenge* Find the number of the letter A in the class or small group
• Name Codes (How Much is Your Name Worth?)
• Flower Facts: add two 2 digit numbers and color accordingto the code.
• Chrysanthemum Code: Solve 2 digit addition problems to solve the code.
• Chrysanthemum Comparison: Compare yourself with Chrysanthemum.
• Chrysanthemum Comprehension: Use complete sentences to answer questions about the story.
• Mend the Broken Heart: Add 2 digit addition problems and color according to even or odd.
• Compliment Flower Instructions and Template
•Puzzle Heart for all about me or writing maps
• Pocketful Parts of Speech: Color the pockets according to the words part of speech
• Class Name Graph versions for different math levels
• Absolutely Perfect Addition: Color the picture according to the color code.
•Victoria's Verbs: Fill in the blanks in the sentences using the correct verb tense of a word.
•Flower Fragments: Color the flower to show if the sentence is complete or a fragment, then fix the sentences that are fragments.
•Hearts and Homophones: Read a letter Chrysanthemum wrote to Mrs. Twinkle and circle the correct homophones that fit the sentence.
•Doubles and Daisies: Add the doubles equations. Challenge of noting the pattern and then solving a few doubles plus one problems.
•Perfect Place Value: Read the directions and color the flowers based on the clues given of the numbers place value.
•Macaroni and Cheese Math: Using the graph, answer the questions about how much macaroni and cheese Chrysanthemum and her friends ate.
•Mrs. Twinkle's Time: Write the digital time for analog clocks. Includes only on the hour and half past.
•Absolutely Perfect Adjectives: Fill in the graphic organizer using adjectives to describe Chrysanthemum.
• My Name Acrostic Craft
•Me Heart Quilt Activity
• What Makes Me Unique Flower Pot Craft
•By clicking that green star you are getting updates on when there are sales and when I have new resources! New resources are 50% off for the first 48 hours! It pays to follow!
•Looking for freebies!? Check out my site Caffeinated and Creative for tips, ideas, and freebies!
Thank you for stopping by and shopping with me! I hope this product will be a great addition to your classroom. I would appreciate your feedback on this product! Leaving feedback not only helps me as a seller but as a buyer, YOU get credits towards future purchases when feedback is given! As always, feel free to contact me with any questions, comments, or to share photos of this resource in action!