Chrysanthemum Name Activities and Lesson comes with a variety of educational and fun activities to correlate with the book. This is a perfect mini unit for the first week of school! This unit is geared towards second graders, but can also be used for talented first graders or third graders who may be struggling a bit.
In this product you will find:
• A Wrinkled Heart Lesson
• 2 Heart Templates
• Puzzle Piece Heart (for character traits)
• Seeds of Sequence- Character changes
• 3 Writing Prompts
• Chrysanthemum How Many Words Can You Make
• Chrysanthemum Letters to cut (5 to a page)
• Your Name How Many Words Can You Make
• Absolutely Alphabetical- put the words in ABC order
• *Challenge * Class Names ABC Order
• Pocket Possessions (What Are Your Favorite Things?)
• Chrysanthemum Word Search
• Class Name Graph (How Many Letters?)
• Class Name Graph Math Problems
• *Challenge* Find the number of the letter A in the class or small group
• Name Codes (How Much is Your Name Worth?)
• Flower Facts-add two 2 digit numbers and color according the code.
• Chrysanthemum Code: Solve 2 digit addition problems to solve the code.
• Chrysanthemum Comparison: Compare yourself with Chrysanthemum.
• Chrysanthemum Comprehension: Use complete sentences to answer questions about the story.
• Mend the Broken Heart: Add 2 digit addition problems and color according to even or odd.
• My Name Craftivity
• Compliment Flower Instructions and Template
Grade Level and Standards
This product was made with second graders in mind, but can be used for those super first graders or third graders who may be struggling. These are just some of the standards covered!
Describe how characters in a story respond to major events and challenges.
Use information gained from the illustrations and words in a print or digital text to demonstrate understanding of its characters, setting, or plot.
Write narratives in which they recount a well-elaborated event or short sequence of events, include details to describe actions, thoughts, and feelings, use temporal words to signal event order, and provide a sense of closure.
Use adjectives and adverbs, and choose between them depending on what is to be modified.
Use commas in greetings and closings of letters.
Fluently add and subtract within 20 using mental strategies.2 By end of Grade 2, know from memory all sums of two one-digit numbers.
Draw a picture graph and a bar graph (with single-unit scale) to represent a data set with up to four categories. Solve simple put-together, take-apart, and compare problems using information presented in a bar graph.
If you have any questions or comments please leave me feedback or contact me via the contact form on my blog Caffeinated and Creative
Thank you for stopping by and shopping with me! I hope this product will be a great addition for your classroom. I would appreciate your feedback on this product! Leaving feedback not only helps me as a seller, but as a buyer YOU get credits towards future purchases when feedback is given!