Chunk Spelling + Worksheets MEGA Bundle - Word Families Activities SOR
What educators are saying
Products in this Bundle (71)
showing 1-5 of 71 products
Also included in
- If you love the phonics and spelling materials from Second Story Window and want to have every single word work resource that we offer, this bundle is for you! This Word Play Phonics and Spelling All Access Pass gives you all of our current phonics and spelling offerings and anything we offer in thePrice $249.00Original Price $485.30Save $236.30
Grab everything you need to transform your spelling curriculum with our Chunk Spelling System and Word Family Worksheets activities! This engaging method teaches students how to use “chunks” (rimes or word families) they know to spell new words. And our word family worksheets will provide you with a variety of spelling practice activities for each word family.
Set the stage for reading success with this collection of word work activities that give students practice reading and writing words. Each word family provides students with multiple opportunities to develop a deep understanding of an essential word family. Knowing these word family chunks enables students to quickly read and spell hundreds of words.
With the chunk spelling method, students:
- learn strategies that will help them spell or read any word
- make connections among words in many ways
- internalize basic spelling patterns
- are engaged in the process and have an opportunity to exercise choice
- are challenged at their individual levels
- master words and spelling patterns that can be generalized to other words.
- quickly and efficiently transfer spelling words to their writing
Each week students work with one word family chunk and a beginning soundboard to create as many words as possible. Next, they brainstorm “big” words that also contain the chunk. Example: the word caterpillar for the word chunk -at. After compiling everyone’s words together into a class chart, students then choose a set of words to work with for the week. Then they use the tri-fold activity menu to practice the words either in class or as homework. A variety of spelling activity pages are available for practicing each word family.
This method offers lots of hands-on practice, a predictable routine, an easy method of differentiation, and tons of flexibility for implementation.
This Bundle Includes:
- The Chunk Spelling System (800+ pages)
- Word Family Spelling Worksheets Mega Bundle (1000+ pages)
What’s included in the Chunk Spelling System:
- 800 pages of materials for 86 word families soyou can choose your own scope and sequence!
- Lesson plans that include all words for each chunk and a list of possible “big” words
- Printable soundboards (consonants and blends/digraphs)
- Pocket chart materials
- Weekly spelling homework (double-sided tri-fold menu style) (1 per chunk)
- Photo support cards of less-common words for vocabulary building and ELL students (4 per chunk)
- Digital slides for the sound boards + onset decks (Google Slides)
- And a comprehensive teacher’s guide!
What’s included in the Word Family Worksheets Mega Bundle:
- 1000+ spelling and word family activity pages
- Google Slides for sound board + onset decks
- Sets for 65+ word families
- 15+ unique pages per word family
Download the preview to see a sample week of materials and practice pages and a list of the included spelling chunks!
This powerful spelling routine is easy to implement and the activity pages will give you lots of options for practice throughout the week. You will love how easy it is to use this method and how well your students retain learned word families.
Supports Common Core Standards (CCSS):
RF.1.2, RF.1.3, L.1.2 - “Use conventional spelling for words with common spelling patterns.”
RF.2.3, L.2.2 - “Generalize learned spelling patterns when writing words.”
L.3.2 - “Use spelling patterns and generalizations (e.g. word families) when writing words.”
WHAT TEACHERS ARE SAYING:
“I implemented the chunk spelling program this year and my students have shown great improvement with their reading and spelling skills. The supporting practice pages have worked great for differentiating and allowed the students to gain independence in completing them. I am using them in small groups, independent seat work, and before schoolwork. I love everything you have created for this program. Thank you!” - Mary W. ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
“This resource is nothing short of amazing! Very comprehensive.” - Natalie M. ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
“Wonderfully designed, comprehensive resource. Is an amazing resource to help plan whole group and small group reading lessons. As a bonus, I've been able to use these activities to help structure small group and individual interventions with a paraeducator.” - 2nd Grade Teacher ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
“Can't say enough about this resource. Such a complete program and very easy to use for the teacher and the students. It has made my instruction so much better. “ - Melissa D. ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
You may also like…
Please Note: There is some overlap between this bundle and the 1st Grade and 2nd Grade Word Play Phonics Curriculum bundles. If you're interested in a comprehensive curriculum (spelling AND word sorts, games, word family poems, lesson plans, and more), you should choose the curriculum grade level of your choice or the Phonics All Access Pass.
Copyright © Second Story Window
Permission to copy for single classroom use only.
Please purchase additional licenses if you intend to share this product.