This is a mini-unit teaching students:
- why Italian is the prominent language used in music notation.
- what some of the most common notations mean
- some other common Italian words/phrases
Also included in the pack, is
- A short quiz using some of the words/phrases learned
- A "tech talk" page which students complete by accessing the internet to search for
other Italian notations.
- A group activity page which students complete by dividing into teams and using real pieces of music to fine and define notation.
- A fun coloring page featuring the Italian flag and the meanings of its colors.