This pack includes a variety of centers, buddy games, and printables to help reinforce addition, subtraction, and other math & literacy concepts to celebrate Cinco De Mayo!
Here's what you'll get in this download:
- Write the Room Activity (students write different Cinco De Mayo vocabulary words into the correct category based on color word, vowel ending, or bossy r)
- Buddy Games- 3 buddy/partner games to help reinforce adding and subtracting, and rhyming
1. Equal Sombreros – Students balance across the sombrero by finding two equations that are equal. Using manipulatives and a scrap sheet of paper, I have my kiddos record each equation so they don’t forget the sum or difference while they’re matching the cards together. Numbers 1-20 included.
2. Pinata Rhyming – Students work together to sound out and match the rhyming words appropriately. 21 cards included.
3. Clip it Cards – Adding & Subtracting numbers 1-20. Students work to find the difference or sum and then clip a clothes pin on the appropriate answer.
- 36 clip it cards adding & subtracting numbers 1-20.
- Cinco De Mayo Vocabulary (non-prep printable with vocabulary and definitions)
- 2 Color by Number Sheets (adding and subtracting)
- Cinco De Mayo Ten Frames (show numbers 11-20)
- Cinco De Mayo KWL Chart
- Cinco De Mayo ABC order (2 separate sheets for easy & advanced)
- Cinco De Mayo Create Your Own Words
- Cinco De Mayo Color, Count, & Graph
- Cinco De Mayo Tally Marks (show tallies for numbers 11-20)
- Greater Than, Less Than or Equal- Cut and paste the correct sign to set of numbers. (numbers 11 to 29)