The Cinco de Mayo script has parts for 15 characters. (A smaller group could easily perform this, however, by simply assigning kids multiple parts.)
The script is six pages. Most of the story takes place at school. The main character's problem is that he cannot think of a creative idea for his school's Cinco de Mayo Cultural Festival. He asks his classmates about their projects, and they all have really cool ideas, which makes him feel even more stressed! Finally, he talks to his family, and they help him think of a great idea!
This script comes with 5 bonus activities!
1. Multiple choice comprehension quiz- You can check how well your students understood the story.
2. You Be the Teacher!- Your students get to step into the role of teacher and give each student character in the Readers' Theater a grade for their project. (Your students are also required to summarize on this form.)
3. You Be the Judge!- Your students get to judge the Cultural Fair and pick a 1st place winner and a runner-up! (Your students will be asked to write why they think the two winners are most deserving of the honor.)
4. You Be the Student!- Your students will fill out a form where they will explain their own idea for a Cinco de Mayo project.
5. Cognates- Students read words in Spanish and determine the English translation.
Check out the preview for further details!
Another Cinco de Mayo project: Cinco de Mayo Craftivity featuring Context Clues!
As the end of the school year quickly approaches, you may want to consider these fun, project to keep your students engaged during those last few weeks of school!
End of Year Writing Craftivity: Together We Soared Awards (students create awards for one another!)
End of Year Writing Craftivity: Up, Up, and Away!
You may want to take a peek at my May writing unit, too!
Mother’s Day Personal Narrative Gift Project
Mother’s Day and Father’s Day Craftivity Cards
This is also part of a BUNDLE. If you like to do Readers' Theaters throughout the school year, you might want to check this out! Readers’ Theater BUNDLE (scripts to use throughout the year)
If you like this activity, check out my other reader's theater scripts by clicking on the links below.
Veteran’s Day/Memorial Day Readers’ Theater Class Script (contains 27 parts!)
Constitution Day Readers’ Theater and Activity
Halloween Readers’ Theater BUNDLE (a set of 3 scripts including 25-28 parts!)
Mother’s Day Reader’s Theater and Activity Packet (includes invitation and 8 bonus activities!)
Visit my blog! www.crafting-connections.blogspot.com