This Cinco de Mayo activity pack is designed for middle school students and junior high school students (5-8). I created my own activities after finding that many of the resources for Cinco de Mayo are geared toward K-3. So, if you are a middle school teacher, I hope these activities serve you well in your classroom. You don't have to use all of the activities in one lesson.
This product includes:
1) The history of Cinco de Mayo
2) Comprehension Check Questions
3) Vocabulary Practice Pages
4) Extended Response Prompts
5) Compare/Contrast Graphic Organizer
6) Crossword Puzzle
7) Get Creative! Project ideas for students to artistically, creatively, and effectively showcase their knowledge of Cinco de Mayo.
*Answer Keys are included.
Personal Experience: My 6th graders enjoyed the activities that I created and worked very well in pairs or groups of three (of course, you may choose to have your students work independently). They particularly enjoyed the project ideas and having the opportunity to use art for showcasing their knowledge and understanding of Cinco de Mayo. I ended up displaying all of the projects in my classroom.
If you like this resource, please rate and comment. As always, if you have any questions or suggestions, feel free to contact me. Thanks!:)
Cinco de Mayo Activities
is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivatives 4.0 International License