Also included in
- 3000+ pages of Spanish lesson plans, games, grammar units, writing projects, euro manipulatives, PowerPoints, sub plans, cultural units, holiday lessons, flashcards, and much more. Save yourself hours of work and spice up your classroom with fun, engaging activities. Save over 30% off individual pr$299.99$451.37Save $151.38
- Everything you need to spice up Spanish holidays: Day of the Dead, Thanksgiving, Hanukkah, Christmas, New Years, Valentine's Day, and Cinco de Mayo. Games, writing, PowerPoints, flashcards, songs, speed dating, videos, decorations, and so much more! Most of these resources are my best-sellers. Va$49.99$91.86Save $41.87
- This mega bundle of Spanish distance learning and remote learning activities and lesson plans includes 1850+ self-correcting Spanish Boom Cards, 4 full weeks of online lesson plans, 101 Hispanic video clips, map quizzes, grammar, and so much more. It will get your students listening, reading, speak$249.99$350.55Save $100.56
Throw out your textbooks and show your students the real thing! This Mexico lesson plan, PowerPoint presentation with Cinco de Mayo activities and crafts will teach your Spanish or English students the truth about the holiday and what Mexico is really like. Students learn the real history of Cinco de Mayo and then explore the people, places, and traditions of Mexico through authentic photos.
* A joke (about "Sinko" de Mayo - the sinking of the huge shipment of mayonnaise aboard the Titanic)
* True/false slides to quiz your students about what they know about Cinco de Mayo
* The real Cinco de Mayo facts about what happened (students take notes on the "after" page)
* 70 slide PowerPoint with authentic photos from Mexico with a teacher guide
* 5 links to videos showcasing the history of Cinco de Mayo, debunking common misconceptions, and a mariachi flash mob just for fun
* "Before" and "After" worksheet page to write information about Cinco de Mayo and break down stereotypes
* Ideas for games, writing assignments, and speaking activities
* 4 easy Cinco de Mayo crafts
* Tons of recipes
* Printable decorations for your class
* Google Slides version and JPGS for use on other platforms
Show your students what Mexico is like today with 60 authentic Mexican pictures:
* Oaxaca's dance festival, Guelaguetza
* Xochimilco boats from Mexico City
* Marimba players
* Generations of women weavers
* And much more: over 60 authentic pictures of people, places, and foods from my Mexico trip as a Fulbright Hayes Scholar
(Spanish and English versions)
These Cinco de Mayo activities are for beginning Spanish students as well as advanced students. This PowerPoint also works well for teaching students who don't speak Spanish and can be used with grades 2-12.
Laminate the PowerPoint photos and hang them up for a more festive atmosphere for Cinco de Mayo or all year long.
Here's what teachers are saying:
* "I love this! I showed it to my students yesterday and they were hooked from the first page with the joke. The pictures are beautiful. Thank you for making a great product!"
* "My students hung onto every word when we went through this."
* "Great resource! Awesome for the kids to truly see the culture of Mexico."
* "I spent several months in Oaxaca, and your pictures brought it all back for me! I can't wait to show my students!!!!!"