Celebrate el Cinco de Mayo with your students grades 4 and up with this original, fun CCSS-Aligned Reading Comprehension Activity Pack. Literary Focus: Poetry
Title of Poem: Pride and Pitchforks
The Activity Pack includes:
(1) activity/lesson overview, CCSS Alignment: ELA Standards + Reading Anchors
(2) literary reading passage: Pride and Pitchforks (poetry) featuring before, during, and after reading strategies and comprehension questions [answer key included]
(3) two, short writing prompts (includes: a text-to-self connection)
(4) real-world math application problem (based on the text)
(5) sensory words graphic organizer
*This activity pack could be used as part of your in-class instruction, homework, RTI small groups, literacy centers, or for additional reading practice.
**Also can serve an a reading enrichment activity for advanced 3rd graders and be applicable for students in secondary schools too so that you can have fun celebrating el cinco de mayo and reinforce content standards at the same time!!!