This Cinco de Mayo Unit unit is full of digital AND printable literacy and math activities for Cinco de Mayo! This resource is also included in my Second Grade Spring No Prep Literacy and Math Unit and contains all the pages in this mini-unit plus more! This mini-unit covers a wide variety of concepts such as 3 digit subtraction, word problems, reading comprehension, sentence fragments and punctuation, elapsed time, and much more!
✷This Cinco de Mayo mini-unit is geared towards second graders, but can also be used for talented first graders or third graders who may be struggling a bit.
This Cinco de Mayo Unit is meant to be a time saver. The no-prep portion is able to be simply printed! All the digital slides have text boxes already inserted as well as other elements such as shape tools, moveable elements, keyboard tips for students, extra text boxes in case of accidental deletion, and more!
These activities can be used for homework, morning work, fun assessments, or even last-minute substitute plans! ✷
Included in this unit is:
• Sombrero Subtraction: solve the 2 and 3 digit subtraction problems. Some regrouping is needed.
• Maracas and Math: read the word problems and solvethem.
• Taco Time: answer the questions about time.
• Guac for Graphs: read the picture graph about making guacamole and answer the questions.
• Piñata Party: read the word problems and answer.
• Nacho Numbers: answer questions about the numbers on nachos.
• Queso Quadrilaterals: read the description of quadrilaterals and write which one it is.
• Saguaro Subtraction: solve 3 digit subtraction problems. Some regrouping is needed.
• Chips and Salsa Sums: add two 3 digit problems.
• Piñata Pennies: answer the questions involving money.
• Cinco Capitals: read the sentences then rewrite using capitals.
• Sombrero Syllables: sort the words according to syllables.
• Cinco de Mayo Comprehension: read the non-fiction passage about Cinco de Mayo and answer the questions.
• Multiple Meaning Maracas: fill in the blanks in sentences using words with different meanings.
• Parts of Speech Peppers: color the peppers according to the part of speech.
• Piñata Punctuation: read the sentences and then write the correct ending punctuation.
• Spicy Synonyms: write a synonym for each of the words.
• Cactus Corrections: read the sentences then rewrite with corrections.
• Senor and Senorita Sentences: read the two sentences and then combine using and or but.
• Chips and Salsa Contractions: combine the two words to make a contraction.
- Second Grade Spring No Prep Literacy and Math Unit
- Second Grade Spring Mega Bundle
- Second Grade Literacy and Math MEGA Bundle which includes everything you will need for second grade. Included are over 440 pages of NO PREP printables for the ENTIRE year! Also included are 47 different centers and eight writing crafts!
•By clicking that green star you are getting updates on when there are sales and when I have new resources! New resources are 50% off for the first 48 hours! It pays to follow!
•Looking for freebies!? Check out my site Caffeinated and Creative for tips, ideas, and freebies!
Thank you for stopping by and shopping with me! I hope this product will be a great addition to your classroom. I would appreciate your feedback on this product! Leaving feedback not only helps me as a seller but as a buyer, YOU get credits towards future purchases when feedback is given! As always, feel free to contact me with any questions, comments, or to share photos of this resource in action!