Cinco de Mayo Logical Thinking Task Cards
Critical and Differentiated thinking task cards are great for differentiation, morning work, literacy centers, math centers, early finishers and fast finishers.
Students will use character cards as manipulative tools (when needed) to think critically and solve logic problems. Cards will be moved around for each of 10 tasks as solutions are generated. Cards are NOT needed for all tasks. Optional "center sign" is included as well as answer document and key.
These cards are designed to be used with:
* gifted and talented 1st and 2nd grade student
* high performing KG student
* average 3rd grade student
* 4th grade student needing remediation
Please read sample problems to determine if this product is appropriate for your students.
Example of More Challenging Problem
After lunch, students shared their reports with classmates! Use the clock to determine what time each student shared their report.
* Miguel shared his report 10 minutes after Matthew who read his at
* The first report was read at 1:00 P.M.
* Maria was nervous and asked to go last.
* Michelle and Melanie drew straws to see who would go
won and Michelle followed 10 minutes later.
* Michael shared his report 20 minutes before Miguel and
presented hers 10 minutes after Miguel.
Example of Easier Problem
Several friends gathered at the local library for a presentation on Cinco de Mayo. They were excited to learn about this holiday and why it is celebrated! List the order in which the students arrived at the library.
* Michelle rode her bike and got there before Miguel.
* Matthew wore his sombrero and was the earliest to arrive.
* Maria brought a treat for each friend and this made her late. She
was the last to arrive.
Suggestions for Use
~ laminated character cards are placed under document camera &
manipulated by teacher.
~ Answers can be oral or written on answer page.
Center / Station
~ laminated task & character cards are manipulated by small
groups of students to solve problems.
~ Answers are written on student answer page.
~ Optional center sign included (page 3).
~ laminated task & character cards are placed in a central location
and used by fast finishers.
If you find this resource to be of benefit, you might consider these as well:
Critical and Differentiated Thinking Back to School
Critical and Differentiated Thinking Halloween
Critical and Differentiated Thinking Thanksgiving Feast
Thank you much for your purchase! Please stop by my store for more classroom resources.
Teachers Pay Teachers Kathy Adams