REVISED! (3/19/2017) This was one of my original packs and it was in need of a make-over, so if you purchased this pack already be sure to re download it!
Introduce your little learners to some basic Spanish concepts with this pack! It's perfect to use around Cinco de Mayo. You can end your unit with a celebration. We usually wear mustaches and break open a piñata for a fun fiesta!
Cinco de Mayo Math and Literacy Fiesta Fun: What’s Included
• Vocabulary Words: Print on cardstock, laminate, and cut apart. A great way to introduce new vocabulary for your unit. Display in a pocket chart.
• Spanish/English Shapes: Shapes are in both English and Spanish. Shapes included are circle, square, triangle, oval, rhombus, octagon, pentagon, and trapezoid.
• Number Cards From 1-20: Numbers are in both English and Spanish.
• Niños Alphabet Cards: Both upper and lowercase cards are included. Print, laminate, and cut apart. Play a memory game, matching game or “Go Fish” type of game with the cards.
• Sombrero Color Matching Activity: Students can sort pom poms and other items by the color of sombrero. Run on construction paper or cardstock and laminate for durability.
• Color Cards: Colors in both English and Spanish. Print, laminate and cut apart cards.
• Colors of Cinco de Mayo Emergent Reader: Three versions are available. One version is in black and white with English color words. One version has Spanish color words, and the last version has color words in English with coordinating color of font for the color.
• Sombrero Size Sort: Students cut apart up to five different sizes of sombreros to put in size order. Both black and white or color versions are available.
• Where’s the Sombrero Positional Word Emergent Reader: Prepositions included are: under, above, on, beside, next to, below, in between, and on top off. Use all or some pages.
• Fiesta Fun Ordinal Number Activity: Two versions to choose from, depending on the level of your learner.
• Maraca Measuring: Use non-standard units to measure and record the different sizes of maracas.
• Pepper Patterning: Five different patterning pages to choose from.
• I have/Who has 10 Frame Cards: There are two versions to choose from. One is from 1-10 and the other goes to 20.
• Ninos de Serape Craftivity and Glyph: Directions to make a craftivity or to extend it into a glyph.
• Mexican Flag Craft: Both color and black and white versions are available. Students can add tissue paper, color, or add collage materials to make this craft.
Lots of fun activities with Mexican flair! Perfect for little learners to help reinforce math and language skills, while introducing them to very basic Spanish vocabulary/concepts.
Use these activities as arrival/table time activities, center activities, small group instruction, stations, and during circle/learning times. These activities are designed for preschool, pre-k, or kindergarten.
Follow my store by clicking the green star and blog
to be notified when new products are posted.
New items are discounted 50% for the first 48 hours!