This Cinco de Mayo package offers thirteen ideas that can make your class have the best Cinco de Mayo EVER!
1. A Book List - a list of six books to enhance your Cinco de Mayo experience
2. A Cinco de Mayo Counting Book - student practice counting in Spanish and learn about the Mexican holiday as they color this book that counts to five in Spanish!
3 Cinco de Mayo Reading Comprehension Activity - After reading a book (any book you choose) about Cinco de Mayo students draw pictures of the things they heard about in the book.
4. Site Word Rhyme Coloring Sheet - (K-1) - This activity is a color by number taken to a whole new level. Color the words that rhyme, the color indicated on the sheet and then write the rhyming word on the line.
5. ABC Order - (K-1) - Put these Cinco de Mayo themed words in alphabetical order.
6. Activity Ideas - Teach your children the Mexican Hat Dance, use Cucaracha to gather students to the carpet or line, plus morning meeting ideas.
7. Churro Recipe - spoil your little ones with a churro for snack to celebrate Cinco de Mayo.
8. Crepe Paper Flag - Make the Mexican flag out of crepe paper and construction paper.