These Cinco de Mayo lesson plans for Spanish classes include everything that you need to tackle this misunderstood holiday with your Spanish students.
This 80-page/slide, Spanish-language cultural unit is designed for Spanish 1 students and beyond to learn about the history and traditions of Cinco de Mayo in Mexico and the US. There are enough activities for 4-5 class days.
- Pre-reading discussion questions
- A Level 1 reading in Spanish about the history of Cinco de Mayo
- A Level 2+ reading in Spanish about the history of Cinco de Mayo
- Comprehension questions for each reading
- A glyph with T/F questions in Spanish to be used after reading
- Two video viewing activity descriptions with viewing guides
- Two infograph interpretation activities with Q&A form and discussion questions
- A reading in Spanish about four common elements of Cinco de Mayo celebrations and activity suggestions for each element
- A post-reading review game
- Projectable song lyrics
- Projectable versions of the readings and game questions (PPT & PDF)
- Detailed lesson plans
- Answer keys
- Suggestions for additional activities, including an in-class Cinco de Mayo celebration
WANT MORE CINCO DE MAYO?
» CLICK HERE for a simple text and glyph in Spanish for emergent readers
» CLICK HERE for a FREE jigsaw puzzle in Spanish with facts about Cinco de Mayo