Cinco de Mayo/ Vocabulary/ Grammar/ Information Questions/ Scrambled Words
8 PRINTABLES with ANSWER KEYS
1. Cinco de Mayo: A two page reading on the history and celebration of Cinco de Mayo.
2. Vocabulary Exercises (3 pages): Matching/ Fill In the Blanks/ and Correct the Sentences. These vocabulary exercises include words like battle, victory, soldiers, pride, success, display etc.
3. Making Information Question: WH Question Words
Students will make information questions using the WH Question Words (what, what kind of, who, where, how many, when, why etc.) Students will first read the answer to the question. The underlined word in the sentence will indicated which WH question word the students will need to use to write the correct question.
Cinco de Mayo is a Mexican holiday.
Students need to write the question
“What kind of holiday is Cinco de Mayo?”
4. Scrambled Words: Students will unscramble the words from the story.
5. Cinco de Mayo Grammar Review: Students will write a noun, adjective and verb for each letter in the words Cinco de Mayo.
Graphics provided by: