This packet can easily be adapted for Kindergarten, 1st , and 2nd Grade.
1. Cinco de mayo means May 5th.
2. Mexico is located in Central America.
3. They speak Spanish in Mexico.
4. Cinco de mayo celebrates the victory in the Battle at Puebla
against the French army in 1862.
5. The most popular foods on May 5th are; tacos, burritos and
6. Cinco de mayo is more popular in the United States than in
Laminate the pages and cut out each card. Shuffle the cards and have students re-arrange the cards by picture to make the sentence. Once they have correctly assembled the sentence, have them write the sentence next to the matching picture on the paper provided.