PDF (Acrobat) Document File
Be sure that you have an application to open this file type before downloading and/or purchasing.
This unit was created to correlate with the 6th Common Core suggested unit for first grade. However, it would be perfect for any fairytale unit in the K-2 classroom!
Checkout my blog posts on this unit for pictures and ideas for how I use these materials in my classroom!
This is part of my year long integrated units bundle. Other units from this Bundle include:
Included in this packet:
• 6 weeks of weekly visual plans
• 6 weeks of daily, detailed lesson plans for literacy, social studies and math connections and phonics connections
• Common Core standards tied to each activity for literacy and math
• 62 objective cards with "I Can" statements and CC standards to post in your room.
• Daily Messages templates to match unit theme
• Unit poster
• 53 word wall cards for unit vocabulary words plus a blank, customizable page of cards
• fairytale graphic organizer in full color for digital use and BW master for copies
• Continent daily messages (informative) written to use for mini writing lessons (color and BW masters)
• 13 writing prompts (informative, opinion, narrative and fictional writing)
• __own (crown) word family build-write-draw phonics printables
• 6 different graphs comparing versions of Cinderella or continents
• cowboy craftivity for the western versions of Cinderella
• character trait maps for Cinderella and the stepmother (color and BW options)
• shades of meaning organizers for describing words for Cinderella and the stepmother (color and BW options)
• root word activities with inflectional endings (-ing, -ed, -ly). Words are tied from the original European Cinderella vocal words.
• My dream shape castle recording sheets
• writing graphic organizer charts for informative, opinion and narrative writing
• time to the hour and half hour color matching game
• Venn Diagrams in color and black and white to compare versions of Cinderella, continents and a blank customizable diagram.
• Master for a world map and labels for students to label their own map
• character trait crown craftivity
• star-star-wish peer review handout
• royal measurement activities with non-standard measurement tools and comparing lengths
• Cinderella root word printables and sorts
• sparkle/vocabulary word match cards for matching or find your partner games
• sparkle/vocab word BW independent practice page
• 7 continents song/poem handout
• point of view printable
• suffix word sort
• ANCHOR CHARTS (Color and BW options and single page and poster size options): Europe, North America, South America, Asia, Australia, Antarctica, Africa, Sparkle (vocab) words, things we've lost, elements of fairytales
• fairytale madlib
• FAIRYTALE BALL PROJECT: details on schedules, checklist of what to do, how to decorate, parent letters, community connections, and pictures of our actual fairytale ball.
Copyright Whitney Shaddock, 2017, licensed for one classroom use only. Please use the multiple licensing option for more than one classroom use!