Also included in
- Do you want to use movies to help your students learn life lessons and stimulate critical thinking to help them apply these principles to their own lives so they can become better leaders?Then, Building Champions is the bundle resource for you!This is a GROWING bundle that includes all our current m$99.00$170.00Save $71.00
Jim Braddock was on the ledge of despair. Fighting for his family's survival during the Great Depression, Braddock resurrected his boxing career to feed his family.
Cinderella Man combines thrilling action with emotional drama and reveals how one man can make a difference in the lives of his loved ones and inspire others to fight with courage.
Movie Rating: PG-13
Movie Length: 2 hours, 25 minutes
WARNING: This is a DEEP LEARNING lesson plan. It is NOT a lesson plan meant to simply pass time in class.
The activities in this lesson will challenge students to move closer to mastery in the following skills: leadership, cooperation with others, creativity, critical thinking, emotional intelligence, problem solving, and judgment and decision making.
Each of our Companion Activities lesson plans includes the following activities:
- Reflection: allows students to journal about one of the movie's themes prior to watching.
- Analysis: questions and prompts to analyze the characters, plot, and climax of the movie.
- Practice & Discussion: a partner/group activity that takes the principles of the movie and asks students to take action and grow in their own lives.
- Extension: a RAFT (Role-Audience-Format-Topic) writing prompt to help students apply their new knowledge.
- Lead for Impact: challenges students to pinpoint how the hero of the story exhibited The 12 Fundamentals of Success and then synthesize how they can apply the lessons to writing their own story.
*This is a DIGITAL ACTIVITY which allows teachers to assign the work through Google classroom and students enter their responses digitally.
*Teachers may also DOWNLOAD the PDF and distribute copies to students.
This product is also part of the following bundle: