What better way for your students to learn about CULTURE and DIVERSITY than through the fairy tale genre, particularly Cinderella. This unit gives you everything you need to integrate READING, WRITING, SPEAKING AND LISTENING, GEOGRAPHY, and WORLD CULTURE. The projects, activities, graphic organizers and close reading questions work well with FAIRY TALES AROUND THE WORLD. It offers a large variety of student opportunities for every learning style, differentiation, and covers 4 Domains within the Common Core State Standards.
LESSONS, PROJECTS AND ACTIVITIES INCLUDE:
* AROUND THE WORLD SCAVENGER HUNT - USING REFERENCE MATERIALS
* BEFORE, DURING, AFTER READING DISCUSSION Guide
* OPINION STATEMENTS with EVIDENCE
* PROBLEM AND SOLUTION with EVIDENCE and student REWRITE
* SUMMARIZING - Graphic Organizers
* CHARACTER ANALYSIS - Students graph how STORY EVENTS INFLUENCE a CHARACTER’S EMOTIONS
* COMPARE AND CONTRAST 2 Fairy Tale (Cinderella) stories from 2 countries
* COMPARE AND CONTRAST 3 stories from different countries
* Fairy Tale DRAMATIZATION Project - Students learn to change a fairy tale to script format and create a puppet play
* CULTURE FOLDABLE PROJECT- Students use reference materials including maps to RESEARCH A SPECIFIC CULTURE.
THIS UNIT INCLUDES:
* Unit Overview
* Table of Contents
* CCSS list for each Lesson
* 2 Styles for a Parent Letter
* Student Cover Sheet for folders or Notebooks
* Family Heritage Homework Project
* “Rules for Discussion” Poster
* “Guidelines to Presentations” Poster
* 10 Detailed Lessons
* 18 pages of Graphic Organizers (Many with Suggested Answers
using The Egyptian Cinderella and The Irish Cinderlad)
* 27 + 1 blank Essential Questions to support the lessons
* 5 Domain Headers for CCSS
* 54 ELA Common Core (Skills) Vocabulary
* Culture Definition Poster for the Word Wall
* Cultural Features Header
* 15 Cultural Feature Definitions for the Word Wall
* 3 Heritage Definitions + 1 blank for the Word Wall
* Map Features Header for the Word Wall
* 4 Map Feature Definitions for the Word Wall
* 3 Way Venn Diagram Poster (color or black and white choices)
* 3 Way Venn Diagram student samples
* Drama Vocabulary Poster
* How to Change a Story to a Script Direction Poster
* Puppet Direction Poster (color or black and white choices)
* Foldable Directions
* Cinderella / Culture Research Foldable Project
* Direction sheet for making a Shutter Book Foldable
* Student samples of Foldable Project
* 3 pages of Website References to choose from
* 7 pages of Culture and Cinderella book choices
* Cinderella Rubric and Self Evaluation Brochure for 3 of the Projects (color or black and white choices)
IF THIS PRODUCT HAS TOO MUCH COLOR FOR YOU, CHECK OUT THE BLACK AND WHITE VERSION BELOW AS WELL AS OTHER ENGAGING RESOURCES
Cinderella, Culture and the Common Core: A Multicultural Fairytale Unit Black and White Version
Biography Informational Text Research and Project
The Mystery Genre: Bundled Unit for Grades 3-5
Winter Math Centers with Task Cards and Games: CCSS Aligned
Vocabulary Aquisition and Synonym Games and Practice
BAT MATH, BAT ACTIVITIES, BAT PROJECTS for 4th Grade
It’s important to me that teachers are completely satisfied with their purchase!
If you have any question or concerns about this product please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
You can also go to the Q and A section of my TPT store and leave a message
GREAT NEWS!! TPT now offers schools the ability to purchase resources for you.
Click on the “SCHOOLS” link above on this page (upper right).
EARNING TPT CREDITS
After purchasing and using this product you can earn TpT credits by leaving feedback. I love reading feedback and really appreciate the time you take to let me know how you used this resource with your students and what you loved best. To leave feedback and start earning TpT credits:
1. Go to your “My Purchases" and click on the Provide Feedback link.
2. Let us know how you used this product in your classroom and what you loved best!
Download the preview to see the full list of skills included and some sample pages.
DON’T MISS OUT
If you like this product, please visit Chrysti’s Class
to see more.
All new products are on sale the first 2 days after publishing. To find out about my new products, sales, freebies, and any product updates, click the star green ★ button at the top of my store page or when you download a free resource.