In this unit, students learn about cinematic techniques used in movie trailers and complete a critical analysis of a movie trailer and how these techniques create meaning.
This unit was originally designed for a Grade 7 and 8 visual arts class whereby we used the Ontario curriculum expectations "exploring forms and cultural contexts" expectations. However, I have used this unit in Literacy this year as a media unit.
Included in this bundle is:
- 2015 movie trailers
- unit outline
- handouts for each lesson
- answer key for each handout
- alternate quizzes for students who are absent
- end of unit assignment for Grade 7 expectations
- end of unit assignment for Grade 8 expectations
- rubric for assessing end of unit assignment