In this cross-curricular, hands on exploration of circles, students work with protractors and circles
to discover the work of Frank Stella. Students not only learn the life and work of a Frank Stella but see how protractors can be used to cross over into creative expression.
This is hands-on learning at its best! This lesson is a welcome addition to both art and mathematics classrooms. Use it with other math and art lessons to build your art/math gallery and even host your own art show!
Use independently or SAVE as part of one of the math bundles:
- 5th/6th Grade Math Project Bundle: 5 projects, common core aligned projects to practice area, ratio, circles, and more.
- Ultimate Math Art Bundle: Tessellations, Fibonacci, Linear Equations and more
This detailed workbook includes:
● Complete teacher’s guide for a 50 – 60 minute lesson
● Student handouts on Frank Stella’s art and activity directions
● A ready-to-use presentation on Frank Stella’s art
● A complete materials list
● Sample of student work
Skills Developed in this lesson:
● Students will identify key themes in Frank Stella’s artwork.
● Students will apply the knowledge of key themes to their own art creation.
● Students will become familiar with geometric tools including protractors, rulers and triangles.
This purchase is for one teacher only.
This resource is not to be shared with colleagues or used by an entire grade level, school, or district without purchasing the proper number of licenses. If you are interested in a site license, please contact me for a quote at firstname.lastname@example.org. This resource may not be uploaded to the internet in any form, including classroom/personal websites or network drives.
You may also like:
● Fibonacci Spirals
● The Art of Masks
● Art and Mathematics: 3 in 1 bundle./a>
● March Madness
● Coming soon…more Fractal art, proportions with Mondrian, Calder mobiles, and Math Antics puzzler scavenger hunts.
Did you know you can earn TPT credits easily?
- Go to your My Purchases page when you login
- Click on the provide feedback button. Quickly rate the product and leave a quick note.
- Each time you give feedback, you earn TPT credit to spend on future purchases.
Benefits of following the store
- Save $$$ - Follow the store and receive updates on new product launches. New products are 20% off in the first 48 hours. To follow simply click on the follow me star at the store. New product launches typically occur once a week.
- Follow the Facebook page
to find out about weekly deals, sales, flash freebies and giveaways.
- Read musings, tips, resources and ideas about teaching, education and education policy on the blog.
Don’t miss out on Math Mondays (tips, resources and ideas for teaching Math)
- No more than 1 email from me directly to my followers per month.
To follow the store and save $$$, click on the follow me star above.