Compressed Zip File
Be sure that you have an application to open this file type before downloading and/or purchasing. How to unzip files.
1) SMART Notebook file for Day 1 Circles (Graphing, Equations)
2) SMART Notebook file for Day 2 Circles (Includes completing the square)
3) Exit Ticket (1/2 page per student, give on Day 2 for assessment)
4) Homework (SP) for Day 1 (included selected answers)
5) Homework (SP) for Day 2 (included selected answers)
6) Notes for Day 2 (made for interactive notebooks/journals)
Day 1 Outline:
Warm Up: Have students discuss the pizza delivery problem, and make predictions about how they could verify their predictions. See preview!
Notes: Drag/pull to reveal each example throughout the notes.
Day 2 Outline:
Warm Up: Included! This is a pre-assessment of the previous day.
Notes: Print and have each students take 4 graphs and one of the chart papers. Students will use what they have learned about completing the square to rewrite circle equations. Suggestion: Write the x-part in one color and the y-part of the equation in a different color.
WARNING: Be sure you have taught completing the square before Day 2!!!
Hand out Exit Ticket at the end of class on Day 2. Suggestion: Buy cheap colored trays (green, yellow, and red) to have students put their tickets in. This way, you'll know how they feel about the content.Green is good, yellow means they need more practice, and red means 911!
I've included selected answers to the homework pages if students want to check a few answers, especially on Day 2.