This sequence of discovery-based lessons takes students through everything they need to know relating to geometry of circles.
Topics included are:
1. Equations of circles (center/radius form)
2. Central and inscribed Angles
3. Intersecting chords- chord length relationship
4. Intersecting chords- angle relationship
5. Tangents and secants- chord length relationship
6. Tangents and secants- angle relationship
A review sheet and test are included with the unit plan as well.
These lessons are discovery based, meaning that students will see worked out examples of the geometry concepts being taught, then are asked guiding questions to help them derive the relationships themselves.
Many of the angles are chord lengths are left off the diagrams- teachers can fill them in using whatever values they choose!