Have fun while learning about pie charts!
This Circle Graph Survey Project includes files to walk you AND your students through the process of conducting a survey and converting the data into a circle graph. It also include a separate activity of the proof that circumference/diameter = pi no matter what size the circle examined.
1. Teacher Instructions Guide with Rubric and scanned examples
2. Circle Graph – Survey Project – Perfect for Pi Day.DOC
Circle Graph Template with information to lead you through Creating a Circle Graph AND a blank circle graph with guidelines for percentages only.
3. Circle Graph – Survey Project – Prove Pi.DOC
This file can be used separately any time of the year to allow students to discover themselves that circumference/diameter always = pi (no matter what size the circle).
4. Circle Graph – Survey Project – Survey Template.DOC
This file is a template for students to use to collect survey data, it also includes information to help them transform their data into a circle graph.
5. Circle Graph - Survey Project - Introductory PowerPoint
This PowerPoint file included review of selecting good survey questions, and details the expectations of the project. It is EDITABLE for your customization.
6. Circle Graph – Survey Project – ActiveInspire
This is identical to the PowerPoint EXCEPT it is also made so that the 10 review questions are “clicker enabled” – so if you have clickers in your classroom, you may allow students to answer the questions in that method.
Please visit my math BLOG: WWW.DebbiesLemonadeStand.COM or e-mail me: DebbiesLemonadeStand@Charter.net.