This summary is great for teachers who use interactive notebooks, but it will work for any class.
With this three-flap foldable, students summarize three major segment relationships in circles:
- "part x part = part x part" when chords intersect inside the circle
- "outside x whole = outside x whole" when secants intersect outside the circle
- "outside x whole = tangent^2" when a secant intersects a tangent outside the circle
A completed version is included, so teachers can simply print the summary for students. I personally prefer to use the blank version (also included) and guide students through completing the examples and generalizing the rules.
See the preview file and thumbnails for more information about what this foldable looks like when complete.
This item can be purchased as part of a discounted three-item bundle, at:
The bundle linked above includes three files:
1. Basic arc-angle relationships
2. More arc-angle relationships
3. Segment relationships in circles
CCSS Standard Addressed:
Identify and describe relationships among inscribed angles, radii, and chords.