Circuits, Conductors, and Insulators - 4 Hands On Electricity Science Centers
This collection of hands-on experiments will really excite and ignite your students. Easy to set up lessons.
How can I use this product?
These are great science centers for partners or small groups.
What is included?
The PDF file contains instructions and worksheets for four experiments:
1. Make a light bulb light with a battery and a paper clip. (EUREKA Light Kit)
2. Make two light bulbs light. (EUREKA! EUREKA!)
3. Make a quiz circuit board.
4. Test whether an item is a conductor or insulator.
Along with the detailed instructions (includes pictures), I have a one page QR Code sheet that has internet links to facts, videos, games, and quizzes about electricity. QR codes are like bar codes that can be scanned with an iphone, ipad, etc, anything that has a QR reader application. But I also included the web addresses as well.
Materials needed for all activities:
• D cell/battery
• Jumbo paper clip
• Flashlight lightbulb
• Around 6 copper thin wires around 10 inches long with ends stripped
• Masking tape
• Aluminum foil
• File folder
• Hole punch
• In a small container: paper clip, tape, pencil, string, ruler, fabric scrap, cotton ball, marble, ruler, paper, random items to test whether conductor/insulator
Optional: but really nice to have: battery holder, light bulb holder
Optional: set of mini Christmas lights, small snack baggies
• 3 pages of cover page, copyright info, and introduction/materials required
• 6 pages of instructions with pictures
• 4 pages of worksheets with answers
• 2 pages of internet links for extension or further research (web addresses and QR codes)
• 1 page of summary of learning and process
If you download the preview, you will see the first experiment plus the QR codes.
What are teachers saying?
"LOveeeeed this" - pharnony
"Easy to use and enjoyable for students." - trader
Is this available in a bundle as well?
No, not at this time.
Do you have other products that are related?
Please see my other science activities!
Want to connect with Evil Math Wizard?
Be sure to follow my TPT store to receive notifications of new products and upcoming sales. New products are always 50% for the first 24 hours, so it pays to follow my store.
Visit my blog
for K-5 math tips and freebies you can use tomorrow in your classroom. You can also find me on Facebook
Other questions or requests?
If you have any requests or questions, please contact me through the "Product Q & A " tab below or email me at Deirdre@evilmathwizard.com