This 17 page unit on the cardiovascular system has everything you need to teach about the circulatory system. Each part of this lesson can fit into a 5E Lesson Plan model, but they can also be used in a more traditional manner. There are three original informational texts about the heart, blood vessels, and blood. Each informational text has Level 1, Level 2, and Level 3 questions, as well as either a graph or diagram. The informational texts and questions are easy print and go, no prep items. Two experiments can enhance your lessons, and there is a graphing performance event as well. To evaluate your students on the outlined objectives, an end of unit test is included.
1. I can describe the parts of the heart and what they do.
2. I can determine the advantages of a four-chambered heart.
3. I can describe the composition of blood.
4. I can explain the importance of each blood part.
5. I can explain how the circulatory system helps the body.
6. I can explain how the different blood vessels help the circulatory system carry out its functions.
7. I can infer how other parts of the body contribute to the circulatory system carrying out its functions.
This unit lines up with NGSS MS-LS1-3.
Please look at the preview attached above to see what the lessons look like. Answer keys are provided with the purchased product, but are not shown in the preview.
Thank-you for taking time to look!