Presentation (Powerpoint) File
Be sure that you have an application to open this file type before downloading and/or purchasing.
This PowerPoint is specifically tailored to high school students or adult education students who are in the Cosmetology trade or preparing for a state board exam. I have used the Milady 13th Edition as a reference for these notes. I have also used Biology and Anatomy & Physiology reference books but have kept the focus on what Cosmetology students need to learn in regards to the Circulatory System. All of my Circulatory System resources go with this PowerPoint and the test that I have for purchase goes with these notes as well. The arteries graphic organizer template is added at the end of the presentation as a BONUS!
The Learning Objectives:
1. Explain the function of the circulatory system.
2. Describe the location of the heart in the body.
3. Identify and describe the major anatomy of the heart.
4. Differentiate between the pulmonary and systemic circuits of the heart.
5. Describe the function of the arteries, arterioles, capillaries, venules, and veins.
6. Describe the composition of blood.
7. Explain the function of blood in the body.
8. Identify and describe the function of the major arteries and veins of the head, face and neck
9. Identify and describe the function of the major arteries of the arms, hands, feet, and legs