In this unit on the circulatory system we covered the following topics
• Circulatory System
• The Heart
• Your Pulse
• Blood Vessels – Arteries, Veins, Capillaries
• Blood Composition (Red blood cells, White blood cells, Platelets)
• Blood Flow Through the Heart (4 chambers, left atrium/ventricle, right atrium/ventricle)
• Blood Transport through the body
• Diseases of the circulatory system
• Circulatory System Terms and Review Pages
Our worksheets are primarily fill-in-the-blanks. Answer sheets are provided.
We also did a number of hands-on activities including a graphing activity about pulse rate, activities about blood vessels and blood flow, and activities about blood types. Instructions (with photos) are included.
Pages 43-56 of this packet have various lapbook/interactive notebook pieces and notebook pages (with various medical images) that you can use with your students if there is different material you want to cover or if you want them to do their own research on a given topic. Plus, there are a couple of pages that touch on getting rid of waste (kidney) and on the respiratory system (lungs), which our family touched on during this unit.
Our kids were in Grades 3, 6, and 8 when we did this unit. It is probably more suitable for upper elementary/middle school.