Compressed Zip File
Be sure that you have an application to open this file type before downloading and/or purchasing.
This is a great NO-PREP lesson bundle for the Circulatory System or Cardiovascular System to be used in a high school Biology or introductory Anatomy course. A PowerPoint, diagrams, worksheets, illustrated notes, lab activities, and a quiz are all included and answer keys for all items are provided.
Need to adjust the level of detail for your class? No problem! The PowerPoint presentation and diagrams are EDITABLE.
Addresses NGSS HS-LS1-2 and NGSS HS-LS1-3.
Please note: This is also part of my Human Body Systems MEGA-Bundle.
Included in this product:
1. 40+ slides of EDITABLE PowerPoint presentation with highlighted vocabulary, anatomical terms, and full-color illustrations
2. 5 pages of student illustrated notes coinciding with PowerPoint
3. EDITABLE Diagrams of circulatory system including heart and blood vessels
*Diagrams are provided in both 8.5x11" and 11x14" sizes, which are perfect for inserting into binders or science notebooks.
4. Lab activity in which students measure their pulse before and after exercise, do a web-quest about blood pressure, and complete a diagram showing the flow of blood through the heart.
5. Sheep Heart Dissection Lab covering anatomy and physiology of the heart
6. Student review pages or study guides
7. EDITABLE 29-question quiz
*For more details and visuals of the lesson, click on the PREVIEW link above.*
-Functions of the circulatory system
-Composition of the blood: red blood cells (erythrocytes), hemoglobin, platelets (thrombocytes), plasma, white blood cells (leukocytes)
-Blood typing & Rh factors
-Anatomy and physiology of the heart: atria, ventricles, valves, direction of blood flow
-Heartbeat (cardiac cycle), SA node, AV node
-Blood vessels: arteries, veins, capillaries, pulmonary v. systemic circulation
Teaching about all systems of the human body? Here is a listing of all my Human Body resources:
I value your feedback. Please rate this product.
*All of my products have been tried and tested in my own classroom. I would never sell something that didn't already work for me!*