This package will help them explore and enjoy poetry while discussing issues of social justice. They will also be able to practice their vocabulary and fluency with games like "I have, who has". The packet includes:
• The poem “benditas manos” in Spanish and English
• Know the author work sheets
• Blank and lined paper with frames for composing and drawing
• Instructions and ideas for the teacher
• Task cards
• Set of “yo tengo ¿quién tiene?” game with 30 cards based on fruits and vegetables.
Francisco X Alarcon is a well-known poet and writer, a great role model from a Hispanic heritage. Reinforce the creativity of your students by creating a circle of poetry that can be done once a week, month, or during centers.