Finding Area and Circumference for Circles - Visual Interactive "Doodle Notes"
When students color or doodle in math class, it activates both hemispheres of the brain at the same time. There are proven benefits of this cross-lateral brain activity:
- new learning
- relaxation (less math anxiety)
- visual connections
- better memory & retention of the content!
Students fill in the sheets, learn the formulas, answer the questions, and color, doodle or embellish. Then, they can use it as a study guide later on.
- Formula and meaning of circumference
- How to label units
- Formula and meaning of area for a circle
- Using Pi
- Rounding and approximating
- review of radius and diameter
- Review of meaning of pi, order of operations for exponents, etc.
- Practice & Examples
Check out the preview for more detail about this item and the research behind it.
You might also like:
Adding & Subtracting Fractions - Golf Game
Pi Doodle Notes
Parts of a Circle Doodle Notes
Middle School Pre-Algebra Super Bundle