Here is an interesting game with a fun, circus theme for working on understanding categorization. Circus Categories works on categorization two different ways. The two types of categories tasks included are: naming items in a category and identifying the category given 3 items. The cards can be used all together for matching, memory, or go fish (must match the 3 items with their category name, i.e. seal,whale,dolphin are "ocean animals"). The cards may also be used separately (red border cards or blue border cards) in a "wild" game. For the "wild" game, a student selects a card. Your student must either name 3-4 items in the category provided or name the category that the items belong, depending on the card selected. If you do it correctly, you keep the card. If not, you must put the card back. Watch out for the special cards!!! If you draw a empty drum card, your circus elephant is gone and you must give one of your matches to another player. If your student gets the circus clown face card, you get to take a match from another player.
Included in this download:
* 48 cards with 3 items for identifying category name
* 48 cards with category names for naming items within a category
* 8 specialty cards ("wild" game use)
* 8 blank cards with red borders for you to add your own items
* 8 blank cards with blue border for you to add your own category names
Please enjoy this great game!