CITATION AND CREDIBILITY OF RESOURCES PACKET
Students always need help in determining and citing credible resources. It never fails, students always ask if they can use Wikipedia...ugh!
This packet is great to help students understand the importance of credible resources and how it affects their work. The packet includes:
• Teacher instructions
• Student packet cover with coloring page background
• Reading passage about credibility
• Table as quick reference for credible and non credible resources
• Guided Cornell Notes for the reading passage with a lined summary section
• A page of QR codes and URLs to help in explaining citation methods/ formats
• Sentence stems for Letter to the Absent Student with a lined letter page
• Graphic organizer to show understanding based on a provided thesis statement
This assignment is appropriate for so many courses and can be implemented at any point throughout the year. You can even make it a mandatory reference packet that students must hold on to all year...like they would with a syllabus.
This would go great as part of a claim, evidence, and reading assignment. Checkout my CER lesson with peer review:
CER Graphic Organizers with Peer Review
If you want enough CER prompts and graphic organizers for the year, try this product:
CER Prompt Journal
I hope this is helpful for you and your students!
I truly appreciate your purchase and would love to get your feedback on the product. I'm always looking for ways to improve on my work. Also, FOLLOW ME! I'm just building this store and developing new ideas and get so encouraged by my followers :) Thank you!