This is a three page work sheet I created to be used with The Gateway to U.S History for Florida's EOC Test book. It covers pages 97-104 and deals with:
- The Chinese Exclusion Act
- The Gentleman's Agreement
- Tammany Hall
- Boss Tweed
- Political Machines
- George Washington Plunkitt
- Washington Gladden
- Thomas Nast
- Social services that the bosses and political machines offered to people
- Contrast between "Old Immigrants (before 1880) & ""New immigrants"
- Ellis Island
- Angel Island
- Push and Pull causes of immigration
- The Treaty of Burlingame
- U.S Naturalization Act of 1870
* There is also included a graphic organizer Venn Diagram in which students use the information gained to compare and contrast the "New Immigrants" from Southern & Eastern Europe, with the Asian immigrants from China & Japan.
This should take around two 45 minute class sections to complete, depending on reading levels.
It is an editable WORD document.