Products in this Bundle (24)
showing 1-5 of 24 products
Give your students practice locating information and citing evidence in their nonfiction reading. Your students will use text features to find the information they seek.
NOW INCLUDES GOOGLE SLIDES VERSIONS!
SELF-GUIDED WITH FULL-COLOR PHOTO ILLUSTRATIONS!
Great for at-home learning, small-group, literacy centers, or individual seatwork.
Provide accountability in your supported independent reading time! Students read independently, then respond to what they read. Each answer must be supported with a page number citation! You will know your students are reading.
As they read each text, they complete the reading response page. and the reading record sheet.
Answers can be self-checked using the answer keys, or you can check to see how they are doing.
Your students will love the chance to read these colorful, informative nonfiction texts.
Collect the entire series of 23! FIND THE BOOKS HERE.
PLEASE NOTE!! TEXTS REQUIRED!!.
For use with “WHO WOULD WIN?” series nonfiction readers by Jerry Pallotta/Scholastic. , which can be purchased through the author’s website (https://jerrypallotta.com) or Scholastic.com.
Targeted for , these Nonfiction Readers and the Read-and-Respond/Citing Evidence pages can also be used with select groups of readers in .
The difficulty level of the questions and responses is . The majority are simple search-and-find . Most are restated using the exact same language as the text, with a few questions designed to stretch readers to the next level. When possible, questions are structured to encourage use of text features when locating information.
Featured skills include:
•Locating and citing evidence
•Using text features to locate information
•Reading Practice: Independent reading: informational texts
•Accountability: Independent reading: informational texts
•Building Background Knowledge: nonfiction: science, social studies
Included in 22-page PRINT FILE are:
- LINKS TO 2 GOOGLE SLIDE FILES!! for EACH TITLE - 46 FILES TOTAL
- 2 one-page (front and back) response sheets
- Each response sheet is one page containing 5 questions and 5 citations (10 answers total.)
- The second response sheet for each book is offered as
- an individual or small-group reteach activity
- for students who want to read the book twice and get credit for each reading
- extra credit for those who enjoy reading nonfiction and citing evidence
- 2 one-page (front and back) answer keys
- TIPS on how to locate information.
- Reading record sheet to record the books read; box for student scores included.
- Nonfiction Readers Info
- Recommended Reading
- Nonfiction Poster
- 6 “I CAN” Statements Strips
★Book Cover thumbnails used by permission of Scholastic, Inc. and author Jerry Pallotta.