This unit contains eight EXPLICIT lessons that focus on the following concepts:
1. Citizens in their communities
2. Rights and responsibilities of citizens
3. Rules and laws citizens must follow in different settings
4. Citizens making responsible and irresponsible choices
5. Citizens communicating well with others
6. Citizens problem solving with others
7. Citizens showing respect and kindness with others.
Each lesson provides an objective, student "I can statement," opportunities to build background knowledge, extend learning, and review learned concepts.
Download the preview to look at the entire unit! Your students will love the hands on activities provided in this citizenship unit!
** This unit aligns with Ohio's New Learning Standards for social studies. Grade Two.