There are 8 files in this mini-unit bundle. The files are as follows:
1 15 slide PowerPoint introducing vocabulary related to the big city (sidewalks, traffic, sky scrapers, noise, etc.) Each slide has an animated gif and the sound of street traffic plays in the background of every slide.
2. A notes page for students to copy down the vocabulary from the big city powerpoint.
3. 49 slide "What's Missing" game PowerPoint to review new vocabulary.
4. 5 slide PowerPoint of "Wordles" from French articles about the advantages of living in the city and the country. When you put the text of an article into a "Wordle" it takes all of the words from the article and puts them into a visual graphic where more frequently mentioned words appear larger. Use these wordles to prompt discussion about advantages and disadvantages.
5. A graphic organizer for students to use during discussion where they list advantages and disadvantages of living in the city or the country. You can show the students a Wordle from the powerpoint and ask them to work in small groups to place the vocabulary in the graphic organizer under advantages or disadvantages for the city or the country.
6. An article that asks French speakers whether they prefer the city or the country. The article uses intermediate low vocabulary and structures.
7. A dictation about the advantages of living in the city and the country. The vocabulary will be familiar to the students after doing the other activities in this unit.
8. Activity sheet for practicing comparison. This sheet has 27 sentence starters prompting the students to compare using adjectives, nouns, and verbs. For examle, "La ville a plus de____ que la campagne." or "La ville est plus ___ que la campagne." or "Les gens dans la campagne ____ plus que les gens dans la ville."