Get students moving and thinking about Controversial Topics and Current Events
with this engaging 5 points activity. This is a great discussion starter activity for thinking about controversial topics. Ideal for a civics or social justice class, or for any social studies classroom.
This resource includes:
- Suggested uses and guidelines for the teacher
- 50+ topic statements for activity and further discussion
Civil rights and government related resources include:
- Civil Rights Movement: Illustrated Timeline
- Question of the Day: Civil Rights Movement
- Who am I? Bring Civil Rights Movement Figures Alive in this Common Core Aligned Research Project
- Civil Rights Movement: Real-world Civil Rights Action
- Civil Rights Movement: Quick and Easy Newspaper
- Black History Month - African-American Figures Research project
- Civil Rights Interactive Notebook Pages (just added; not yet available elsewhere in the store.)
Pay it forward
- Please consider paying it forward by providing feedback on this free product.
- Click on the provide feedback button. Quickly rate the product and leave a quick note.
Benefits of following the store
- Save $$$ - Follow the store and receive updates on new product launches. New products are 20% off in the first 48 hours. To follow simply click on the follow me star at the store. New product launches typically occur once a week.
- Follow the Facebook page
to find out about weekly deals, sales, flash freebies and giveaways.
- Read musings, tips, resources and ideas about teaching, education and education policy on the blog.
Don’t miss out on Social Sundays (tips and resources for teaching Social Studies).
- No more than 1 email from me directly to my followers per month.
To follow the store and save $$$, click on the follow me star above.