This United States Civics and Government Envelope Book Kit includes 9 PAGES OF INFORMATIONAL PASSAGES about citizenship, the Pledge of Allegiance, local government, branches of government, and the history of government, plus black line masters and step by step photo directions for making an envelope book with your students. Also included, is a full color mini-poster of the branches of government, and pocket chart (or bulletin board) strips that support the passage topics. This set can be used as a stand alone civics and government unit, or use it to support your own civics and government lessons. Read a passage each day and then complete the corresponding part of the envelope book.
The printables were designed to fit inside a 10 x 13 inch envelope, but they will also fit in a standard size notebook if you prefer.
This civics and government kit contains the following:
1. Step by step photo tutorial of how to make an envelope book
2. Photos of each part of the book
3. Civics and Government cover page
4. Government history "timeline" path
5. Meaning of the Pledge of Allegiance page with word bank
6. Branches of Government tree (Judicial, Executive, Legislative)
7. Local Government layered book (Mayor, Police and Fire Chief, School Board, Superintendent of Schools, City/Town Council)
8. Good Citizen page
9. Government Vocabulary pocket with cards (definitions included)
10. 9 pages of informational passages
11. Civics & Government packet cover
12. Branches of Government mini-poster
13. "Good Citizens" pocket chart strips
14. "Government History" pocket chart strips
Envelope books are an excellent way to keep students motivated and engaged in their learning. It is a nice way to keep everything in one place instead of sending home lots of loose papers. The complete envelope book makes a terrific study guide for a unit test.
Thank you for considering my Civics and Government Envelope Book Kit!
You may also like: