This 35 page download is a complete kit with black line masters and step by step photo directions for making a United States Civics and Government envelope book with your students. The printables were designed to fit inside a 10 x 13 inch envelope, but they will also fit in a standard size notebook if you prefer. Use them to complement your own government unit!
This kit comes in the form of a PowerPoint document so you can edit the vocabulary words and layered book to suit your own needs.
This civics and government kit contains the following:
1. Step by step photo tutorial of how to make an envelope book
2. Photo directions for each part of the book
3. Civics and Government cover page
4. Government history "timeline" path (*see preview)
5. Meaning of the Pledge of Allegiance page with word bank
6. Branches of Government tree (Judicial, Executive, Legislative)
7. Local Government layered book (editable)
8. Good Citizen page
9. Government Vocabulary pocket with cards (editable)
Each student will need one 10 x 13 inch envelope to make the book.
*Please note that the government history "timeline" path only shows the order and dates of important events in government history. This kit does not include lesson plans for teaching about these events. Please download the preview to see the visual.
Envelope books are an excellent way to keep students motivated and engaged in their learning. It is a nice way to keep everything in one place instead of sending home lots of loose papers. The complete envelope book makes a terrific study guide for the unit test.
Thank you for considering my Civics and Government Envelope Book Kit!
If you like interactive kits, you may also want to check out:
Chrissie Rissmiller :-)