Life Skills - Civics - Government
Objectives: Students will be able to:
• Explain the purpose of jury duty.
• Identify the requirements to serve as a juror.
• Identify the legal consequences for refusal to serve or respond to a jury summons.
• Explain the process for postponement or excusal from jury duty.
• Describe the jury selection process.
1) Lesson Plan
2) PowerPoint Presentation.
3) Analyze Article, Jury Dodger.
4) Jury Duty, Reading Comprehension Worksheets.
5) Outline Assignment.
Other Helpful Learning Materials:
VOTER REGISTRATION AND VOTING
Buying a Car
Learning to Budget
Renting an Apartment
Feedback is Greatly Appreciated.