Covers These Topics and Vocabulary:
- Immigration in America
- Immigrant Life and Diversity
- Who is a Citizen in term of the 14th Amendment - Natural Born by Law of Blood or Law of Soil as well as Naturalized
- The Process and Impact of Naturalization
- Losing Citizenship
- Defining terms alien, resident, refugee, undocumented immigrant
- Citizen Obligations and Responsibilities
This Plan includes:
> Objectives based off the FL EOC Civics Standards
> Vocabulary required in those FL EOC Civics Standards
> List of materials necessary that includes the links to the free resources or my own creations. Some resources are not free, but if a free option is available, it’s included.
> Daily Outline of how to present the information including bellwork, reflection questions, discussions, and recommended activities for comprehension and content retention.
> ESE/ESOL accommodation list
> Copy of the FL EOC Standards as written in the Specifications Booklet for quick reference
Along with this plan, on TpT in the Conquering Civics Store there are Daily PowerPoints (most are for free depending on the lesson) that will take you through each day with timers, links, and clear directions to walk your students through each lesson.
Covers FL EOC Standard Benchmarks: SS.7.C.2.1, SS.7.C.2.2, SS.7.C.2.3
Unit Duration: 16 Days