Although the Civil Rights movement saw the most change during the 1960s, our society still has a kit if room to grow and improve, your job is to:
Question: What is needed/ necessary for change to occur?
1) Research a civil rights issue that is going ton today in our global or American society.
A. Here are some websites that can help you in your search: (YOU ARE NOT LIMITED TO THESE)
• University of Oklahoma Racist Chant
• Wisconsin Man killed by police officer, he was not armed
• Afghan woman fighting against oppression
• Are Whites Racially Oppressed?
• Growing up as a Muslim Woman Post 9/11
• Gay Rights in the United States
2) You will then act as a journalist and alert the public about this concern, giving public details about a current problem in our society
a. Describe Which event this is similar to that we have learned about during our civil Rights unit and explain (Cite Reasoning)
3) Describe which Civil Rights Leader (MLK Jr. , Malcolm X, or Stokely Carmichael) would be best to help you in your quest and explain reasons as to why
a. cite things he did to help aid the Civil Rights era (CITE AT LEAST 5)
b. cite reasons as to why you would not have chosen or do not agree with the other two civil rights leaders (CITE AT LEAST 5)
4) Explain which President Eisenhower, Kennedy, or Lyndon B. Johnson would most likely help you in your efforts and explain why (cite Reasoning)