Civil Rights Timeline
Need an outstanding visual that will anchor your students learning of historical events?
This product has everything you need to help you create a running timeline of events in your social studies units. You and your students will refer to it again and again throughout the year!
Hang it on your wall and watch it grow throughout the year as you go through each standard in your social studies curriculum.
Take it a step further and make it 3-D by adding props and student work!
*This product contains 10 events that are significant in the Civil Rights unit for standard SS5H8.
1. Brown vs. Board of Education
2. Rosa Parks & Montgomery Bus Boycott
3. TV in homes
4. JFK president
5. JFK assassination
6. March on Washington & MLK speech
7. Civil Rights Act 1964
8. Voting Rights Act 1965
9. MLK assassination
10. President Richard Nixon
11. Apollo 11
12. Nixon Resigns
13. Gerald Ford becomes President
14. President Jimmy Carter
15. I also added my own birthday to the timeline during this unit! Feel free to add your birthday to the timeline. Your students will be fascinated!