Using 8 key documents, compare and contrast MLK Jr. & Malcolm X's viewpoints on topics such as education, economic philosophies, their ultimate goals, and the use of violence in the Civil Rights Movement.
This Product includes:
- OVER 10 documents to analyze: Full Text included via QR code/link with guided questions (paired with IL CCSS and answer keys- see links) where applicable
- Printable student graphic organizers & notes
- Writing prompts paired with Illinois Common Core State Standards
- Paired text suggestions with grade level & Lexile Level indications
- "How to use this product" instructions for the teacher
- 3 lesson-modification samples included
- Additional notes on each document analysis for the teacher - additional student writing prompts included for each as well
- Helpful links for research and technology integration (QR codes, links, etc.)
- Follow-up texts and activities, including exit-slip prompts and templates
This product was created with the intention of assisting you in teaching your Civil Rights unit through document analysis on Martin Luther King Jr. and Malcolm X.
I suggest both a "gallery walk" and a "think-pair-share" style activity for this product
You may also easily add a Venn-diagram or close reading if you wish!